Prof Timothy Bates
My work is on human needs, abilities, and resilience. As such it spans positive psychology, as well as cognitive and non-cognitive individual differences. I often use behavior and molecular genetic approaches to get at causality. Recent research includes.
- How social status amplifies IQ (WSJ article).
- The structure of Optimism; and of Eudaimonic well-being
- A GWAS for dyslexia & the phonological loop
- How education and learning to read (but not reading) raise IQ.
- Genetic links of religion and group favoritism.